Thursday, December 17, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Here is a bit more information/photo corroborates what I continue to hear…. that they are stacked in northern
Monday, December 14, 2009
Dog tip for cold weather hunting: When hunting in very cold conditions it's very important to provide your dog with a little extra special care.
1) Make sure your dog is wearing a high quality neoprene vest.
2) Make sure your dog is well fed the night before the hunt with high carb dog food.
3) Bring an insulated pad or make a dry grass bed for the dog to stand/sit on during the hunt.
4) Keep your dog as dry as possible.
5) Watch your dog carefully during the hunt for signs of hypothermia. This might be any strange behavior including an unusual lack of attention, excessive shivering, stiffness, and a pronounced kink in the dog's tail.
6) Never hunt your dog in deep moving water when shelf ice is present. This has killed many a good retriever on cold weather hunts.
Good Hunting, Mark