Can you add a custom blind to your boat for under $50?Yes! You can add a cheap custom scissor blind to your boat and summer is the time! Read on and I will walk you through how I added a blind to my 12' duck boat for only $35.00.
I started off by going to Home Depot and getting 4 sections of ½" by 10' conduit. I did not have a conduit bender so a little bit of asking I got the guys there to bend 2 pieces of conduit at 6 inches from each end to 90 degrees. This would form the top of the blind.
I then grabbed the rest of the items needed to finish my project.
- 4- 10', 1/2" aluminum conduit @ $2.99 each (2 bent 90 degrees 6 inches from each end)
- 1 pack of 4 straight conduit connectors 1/2" @ $1.99/ pack
- 4- 2 ½" bolts with nuts @ $1.50
- 4- ¾" bolts with nuts @ $0.89
- 2- coder pins 2" long @ $1.00/each
- 1- 2' section of 90 degree aluminum with holes punched through @ $3.50
- Blind cover (you can use what you' dlike but I used camo burlap and twin that I already had)
- Jig saw