Saturday, February 27, 2010

DU Dinners

Hey guys and gals, how is everyone doing? This past week has been a busy one but a good one! Last Saturday we had our annual Ducks Unlimited Family Fun Day here in Atwater, the turn out was great! We doubled our attendance and income from the year before, but the good thing to see was that we had 42 Greenwings, which was a fourth of our attendance. We try to make ours more about the kids. They had several activities and games. We had a 13 yr. old, who is our State Champion, there to show the kids the basics in duck calling.

Last night, my wife and I went to the Chowchilla DU dinner. I was pleased to see how many people showed up, there were well over 400. Not bad for a town that has a population of 8,000. My wife and I didn't do too bad either. Last week we won a Henry Golden Boy .22 Mag and a Tristar Viper .20 gauge semi-auto. Last night we won a Weartherby Vanguard 30-06 and a Mossberg 100 ATR w/ mounted scope 30-06!

No comments: