Wednesday, March 3, 2010

That Gobble is not far away

Here in Tennessee Turkey season does not open until April 3 but luckly I am fortunate enough to have land in 3 states! Mississippi turkey season opens next week end, wow can't believe it is that close! I am really excited and ready to finally kill a big Tom. I am lucky enough that i get to start my scouting this nest week. Turkey hunting is now my second favorite bird to hunt, they may not fly like ducks but they will for sure get your heart rate going as they come in full strutt into your decoys. This is the first year I have seen more Turkeys than I know what to do with. I have found over 4 flocks within 10 miles of my house that have at least one 3 or 4 year old Tom in the group. Everyday at 2 o'clock i get the pleasure of seeing the same big Tom with about a dozen hens in a field right outside of the city! It amazes me that almost anywhere you go in the US you can find a place to Turkey hunt. Being the hunting fanatic I am it will be hard to keep myself from skipping class and going to chase all of these turkeys I have found. I hope that everyone has great luck this turkey season with long beards and huge spurs! Happy hunting, Cade Patton Tn

No comments: